INNOVATIVE FARMING & BUSINESS
We at Sproule Farms pride ourselves on staying on the cutting edge of new & innovative farming and business practices. We are fully integrated with a variety of technologies which allow us to monitor real-time activities on our farm. The more information we can gather about our operation, the more efficient and cost effective we can become. Listed are a few technology pieces that play an important role in our farms success.
- Precision Planting– Precision Planting provides us with a variety of technologies and products to improve our production and the monitoring of our crop. From planting to harvest, Precision Planting products can be found in the tractor cab on our iPads and on our desktops. Here are a few of the products we use every day.
- 20/20 SeedSense – SeedSense allows us to accurately track many of the variables you encounter during the planting season including down force, seed population, singulation, spacing and more. Tie in the various planter upgrades and FieldView Pro and we can monitor every seed that passes through the planter.
- FieldView – Rainfall to nitrogen levels, field health to yield data; all can be accessed through Fieldview. We use this product extensively throughout the growing season and into harvest. As shown below, we monitor our field health from planting to harvest and use this data to increase our knowledge and decrease the variabilities associated with farming.
- Razor Tracking – Our farm spans a wide distance from north to south and Razor Tracking helps us keep tabs on where everyone and everything is. Our equipment is equipped with these tracking devices which gather all types of data. Razor Tracking documents the hours on our tractors and the miles on our vehicles while alerting us when certain maintenance is required. This has become an important piece of our efficiency and our efforts to minimize downtime. Razor Tracking allows us to track the location, average speed, idle time and stop time on our equipment.
- Conserves – We partner with Conservis, a leading software provider with deep experience developing and implementing ISO compliance, tracking, traceability and performance management. This software, and partnership, allows us to reduce costs, grow revenues, manage risk and eliminate compliance headaches. This tool keeps us as efficient as possible with its automatic record keeping, compliance activities, core farm operating processes and reduces the pain associated with in-field and back office farm record keeping. The Conservis partnership does all of this for us to ensure that we can interact with our crop insurance agent, ag lenders, landlords and other stakeholders.
While technology is important, genetics and agronomy advancements play a larger role in our farms success. We find ourselves located near one of the premier agronomy research schools in the country, North Dakota State University. Their research of genetics, ag profitability, farming techniques, etc. are tremendous resources we utilize frequently.